Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bridal Shower Bliss


So, Liz, my younger sister and maid of honor, was in charge of organizing a bridal shower here in Utah. She is leaving the state in a couple weeks to go back home to Maryland before leaving on a delightful study abroad to London. Since BYU finals are starting this week, the latest my bridal shower could be--with her here--was last Saturday, April 10th! Which was SO close to the time I got engaged--meaning there was not much time to plan. Big thanks to two of my good friends DIANA WILLIAMS and EMILY YAGER for helping Liz with the shower. And although many of my friends weren't able to attend due to short notice, I really enjoyed seeing my friends that did come out for the shower. I don't get to see my friends as often as I'd like for some reason.

The food was fabulous: homemade pasta salad (with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red peppers, olives, and seasonings), fruit salad, veggie tray, rolls, NUTELLA cupcakes (made by Emily), and HUGE chocolate covered strawberries! Not to mention some yummy crystal light :)



They bought me a nice tiara and boa to wear, and even made me a wedding dress out of toilet paper. We played some funny games and I ate a lot of double bubble gum when I got questions wrong from guessing the answers to an interview they filmed with Aaron. I got some nice gifts for the honeymoon too. It was such a happy and fun day.



And just to top it off, it was about 65-70 degrees outside! Aaron had washed my car (thanks!) and we went to the park and ate leftovers from the shower, went shopping for some new clothes for our engagement pictures, and had a delicious dinner at Diana's. Yes, Saturday was a great day. I miss it!

2 comments: