Sunday, June 6, 2010

May 28, 2010 -- Jo is 22!!

I recently turned 22, wahoo! I was fortunate enough to take off work and go out of town. Diana (my friend I met at work, and currently live with) talked to her sister (Jenn) and her husband (Scott), and long story short, got us an amazing deal at the JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Las Vegas. We were so excited for the opportunity to get out of Utah, the weather had been unusually cold and dreary lately. We left town late Thursday night (May 27th) and got to the resort around 3 a.m.

Here is a picture of the room Diana and I shared:

The room was spacious. We had a walk in closet and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi.

We went to bed, and when we woke up Diana gave me a beautiful handmade bracelet for my birthday :) We then got up and out to the pool by 10:30 a.m. Even though we were in the middle of the desert it felt like we were in a rain forest! They had some crazy landscaping at the resort. It was beautiful:



We then approached a HUGE pool! It had a waterfall and palm trees and plenty of room :)


Jenn and Scott joined us a couple hours later. We had lunch by the pool and stayed there until a quarter till 5. It was in the 80's. It was perfect. It felt so good to soak up some sun, and dip in the pool! It was exactly what I wanted to be doing on my birthday.

We then went up to the hotel room and got ready for a nice dinner at Roy's. It's a Hawaiian fusion restaurant. Unfortunately Aaron had to work the 28-30th, but he said that Roy's was one of his favorite restaurants and was glad I was going!


Man oh man, I was not disappointed. The weather was still gorgeous at 7:30 and we sat outside. The staff knew it was my birthday, and we were all surprised to see this paper on the front page of our menu:

We had an amazing deep fried calamari dish as an appetizer (amazing since I don't usually like calamari). I then ordered the Hawaiian style Misoyaki Butterfish. They marinate is for 2 days before cooking it. The fish was cooked all the way through (just how I like it) and it just fell apart like butter! I LOVED IT!

Roy's proceeded to surprise me with a beautiful dessert:

And then Jenn and Scott surprised me by paying for my birthday dinner-- thanks again you two!!

It was a great day. And so was Saturday, May 29th. I had a wonderful aromatherapy/hot stone/swedish massage in the morning. And then we hung out by the spa's pool. It was cool because they had shallow spots to lay in to cool off, and then had some spots w/jets and some with bubbles:

Diana and I took a ton of pictures... on her camera. So I'll have to share those later.

We, again, had lunch at the pool. And we stayed until near 5 pm. Diana and I then went and participated in a belly dancing class. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Unfortunately we didn't take pictures! We should have though, because we got to wear cool sashes with gold coins on them :)

The resort was actually 20 minutes away from the strip-- which was really nice! But we drove over there and checked it out for a little bit.

It was a great weekend. I made some good memories with Diana, Jenn and Scott. They are all such wonderful people who I can talk to for hours-- literally!!

We came home on Sunday. I got a lot of sun in those 2 days! It was good to see Aaron. We spent the whole day Monday together. We played tennis:

Went to the pool, went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and went to the movie theater to see The Bounty Hunter. It was so nice to see Aaron for an entire day-- just me and him. Aaron's new job at APX has him working weekends, so it was definitely a nice treat.

AND to top it all off, Aaron gave me a beautiful birthday present. Before we got engaged we had looked at some rings. Aaron knew that I loved his grandmother's ring, but it would also be fun for me to have something of my own. So he surprised me with this:

Of course this picture doesn't do it justice. In the light this thing sparkles like crazy! Thanks honey!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! i didn't even know it was your birthday... happy belated! this looks like so much fun and what a gorgeous ring.

    ReplyDelete