Saturday, October 30, 2010


So, the first couple of weeks back in Utah were crazy! Aaron and I were out every night after work at Bed Bath and Beyond, Costco, Winco, IKEA, or somewhere else. We needed to re-buy our wedding gifts, and get appliances, furniture, food, etc. We had tons of unpacking to do as well. It was actually fun setting up our place together :) We haven't gotten around to taking pictures of our place yet, but we definitely will, and when the time comes I'll share them.

We also had a lot of fun using our gift cards from the wedding. We got a little grill for our steaks, here's a picture of Aaron cooking our dinner one night:

After we got all of our stuff together (for the most part) Aaron's mom came to visit! She had flown to Texas for a conference for work and had a layover is Salt Lake, she ditched her last leg home and bought a one way ticket back to Honolulu for a few days later. Unfortunately I had to work during the days she was here, but it was still fun hanging out in the evenings. It was her first time to Utah so Aaron made sure to take her to all the cool sites: Temple Square (Church site), Sundance (Ski lift), Park City (Outlets), and of course Provo (where we live)!

Aaron's camera actually died right after our honeymoon. It was very sad. Luckily, we were able to get a new camera shortly after returning to Utah. We actually got it in the mail when Aaron's mom was here. So here is one of the first pictures from Aaron's new Canon 7D camera:

After Aaron's mom left it was back to business. I started attending a GMAT prep course (the GMAT is the entrance exam for business school for those of you who aren't familiar with it). I attend three times a week for a total of 8 hours, and then I try and study each day. It's like the SAT on steroids. The hardest part so far is getting the timing down... I'm just so sloooww. Well, we'll see!

We had a nice break from the normal routine when Aaron's friend Josh invited us to go to the BYU v. Wyoming football game. The weather started off really rainy and kind of cold, but improved during the game. But none of that really mattered since he had box seat tickets :) It was fun to see their growing family (I swear their son Jesse should be a model). And to top it off-- BYU won!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you all are having so much fun setting up your new home - its great and you'll have an eternity together -