It's weird when you think about it. You need it to survive. But most of us need it to be happy. We eat for pleasure, not for hunger. I happened to come across this website with some cool tips. I definitely plan to consciously incorporate more grapefruit and apple into my diet. I've always loved eggs and bacon in the morning, and now I have a good reason to make time for it. And you know I love full fat cheese!!! :)
I can't wait to finish my application for grad school, that way I can hopefully find more time for the gym. I went back last night for the first time in weeks! My ankle is healed (as good as it's going to get) and I really don't feel sick anymore. But alas, there will always be reasons not to go to the gym...
A side note: Today is my Mom's birthday! Happy Birthday Mom!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Who doesn't love getting packages in the mail?!
Aaron I are were so excited to get our canvas print in the mail today. It's 2 feet by 3 feet. AND to top it off it arrived on our 3 month wedding anniversary! (I know I technically shouldn't use the word anniversary since I'm not talking about years... but it gets my point across in the most concise wording possible...)
Of course I think I'd be happy with most any canvas print, but Aaron is much more particular. He looked over the print very carefully and was quite impressed with it's quality. Yay! The photo is from our reception in Hawaii, by Marina Miller. And we ordered it through a groupon I bought from Canvas on Demand. (If any of you keep up with me on facebook you know that I'm completely obsessed with groupon... but it's so worth it!)
(Click the photo to see the detail)
We hung it right above our bed :)
In other news, Aaron also received a very special package yesterday. A new lens for his camera! This lens focuses like a microscope, it's crazy. Check out some of his recent work with this lens.
Monday, November 8, 2010
1. When is your "marriage" anniversary? "Engagement" anniverary?
August 13, 2010. March 28, 2009.
2. Where/how did you meet your spouse for the first time?
Our mutual friend, Kaanoi, invited both of us to hike The Stairway to Heaven in Hawaii. Aaron picked me and my friend Laura up from BYUH in his car. I sat in the front seat, and that's when and how I met him!
3. How long have you known your spouse:
3 years and almost 3 months.
4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged?
5. Do you have any children:
6. Do you have any house pets:
7. What are some of your favorite activities to do together:
We love to go the beach. We also like taking pictures and being outside. We love good food too.
8. Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
I think Hawaii will always be our ideal "vacation spot." We also want to go to Japan and New Zealand in the near future.
9. Where was your first date?
We went to see Stardust at Provo Towne Center with Roman. Haha!!
10. When did you first kiss?
Our second date. I think.
11. Who said I Love you First?
I did. It had been a few months and I couldn't hold it in anymore!
12. Did you get married in a church?
No, we got married in the Washington D.C. Temple.
13. Do you get flowers often?
No. I think I've gotten flowers once, on my 21st birthday. But that's ok, he is very sweet in other ways.
14. Where did you go on your honeymoon:
15. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A couple months.
16. What do you call each other most of the time?
Honey, Baby, Babe, Lulu, Aarie, Joey.
17.Where do you each work or go to school?
I graduated from BYU and Aaron graduated from BYUH. I'm looking to get an MBA (Master's in Business Administration) and Aaron is looking to get an MFA (Master's in Fine Arts). Right now I work for Direct Assistance Corp, a company that provides financial benefits to employers, and Aaron is self employed doing professional photography and graphic design.
18. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Hmm... I guess not being able to buy everything we want. But seriously, not many people can do that anyway!
19. Did you go to the same school?
20. Are you from the same home town?
No. I'm from Middletown, Maryland and Aaron is from Laie/Kahuku, Hawaii.
21. Who is smarter?
..... It depends on what you mean. Aaron is very intelligent and seeks out information on topics he is interested in. I am a good student; I study hard and do well.
22. Who is more sensitive?
I am. I think most girls are. But Aaron is pretty open with his feelings too (now that we've been together for 3 years).
23.Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Probably 5 Guys, Diego's, Bombay House, Tucano's, and Yapona. We try our best not to eat out too often.
24. What attracted you about him/her first?
For some reason Aaron's voice caught my attention, he seemed really nice and cool, and I just wanted to know more about him. Plus he was a cute Hawaiian ;)
25. Who is more social?
Hmm.... maybe Aaron, which is surprising.
26. Who is the neat-freak?
Again, I might say Aaron, which again is surprising!
28. Who hogs the bed?
Aaron! Lately he likes to sleep in the middle.
29. Who wakes up earlier?
I do. But it's still not that early.
30. What are HIS favorite things and HER favorite things?
Aaron: Surfing, Photography, Drawing, Painting, Snowboarding, Traveling, Japanese food.
Johanna: Traveling, Vacations, Shopping, Beaches, Spas, Tennis, Working Out, Babysitting, Italian food.
I'm going to tag..... Kristen E., Chelsea F., Michelle S., Sarah S., and anyone else who is bored. ;)
Friday, November 5, 2010
Some things that are making me happy today:
And the icing on the cake:
- I improved my GMAT practice test score last night.
- I don't feel really sick anymore.
- It's Friday!
- I'm going to play tennis after work with Gill today.
- It's still nice enough to play tennis.
- I'm going to watch Modern Family with Aaron tonight.
- I'm going to finish making our wedding album online tonight.
- I'm hopefully going to hang out with Liz tomorrow.
- The canvas I ordered should be printed and shipped out soon.
And the icing on the cake: