Sunday, September 16, 2012

Island Hopping

My parents found a killer deal to stay in Molokai, HI for a week. It's one of the smallest islands of Hawaii that most people don't get to. There are NO stoplights (only stop signs) and the entire population is 8,000 people. Aaron and I joined them for the day to check it out. It was everyone's first time there. We had 3 main activities planned for the day:

1) Check out the Kapuaiwa Coconut Grove
 It was so much fun to see so many tall palm trees all in one place. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit scared that a coconut would randomly fall on one of our heads ;)

2) Go to Kalaupapa National Historic Park
The view here is just gorgeous. I learned that Molokai is home to the tallest sea cliffs in the world, that's right in the whole world!! We could see them from the lookout, which was pretty cool. Most people know Kalaupapa as the location for an old leper colony.

3) Visit Papohaku Beach
If you know me, you know I'm a beach bum. And I can stay at the beach all day long. And boy, was this place easy to love. It's the largest beach in all of Hawaii! 3 miles of natural white sand, 100 yards deep, with beautiful blue ocean. They actually used sand from here to create Waikiki beach. The craziest thing about it was that there was no one there! And they had a nice parking lot and showers and everything. We were at one of the most gorgeous beaches in Hawaii (on a Saturday afternoon) all by ourselves. It was a blast.
We also brought our GoPro camera and made a little video to document our trip. I just love it. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment