Sunday, October 7, 2012

House of the Sun

I've been wanting to go watch the sunrise at the top of Haleakala on Maui since we moved to Oahu. And once Aaron got his new wide angle lens for his camera, we just couldn't wait any longer. Above is a compilation of the three main stages of the sunrise that we saw yesterday (courtesy of my phone).
Here's a stitch Aaron put together of the whole area. Haleakala means house of the sun in Hawaiian, and you can see why.
This shot is from Aaron's new lens. Epic, don't you think?
I love how the sun looks in this one.
Ta-da! This is a frame-worthy one :)
Another from Aaron's new lens... look at all the detail!
Luckily I had my winter coat! It's probably the only freezing place in Hawaii I'll ever need it.
Hi-ya! These jumping ones actually helped me warm up a little bit :)
I totally look like a rag-doll in this one, haha.
It got warmer as the day went on.
Standing on the clouds.
Signature jump.
It was very awe-inspiring and I'm very grateful that we were able to go. We even got the annual pass to the three national parks in Hawaii. Next up, back to Volcano national park to hike to the lava flow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment